Thank you for your interest in the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program and the Allison Davis Research Fellowship!
Our 2022 Application Portal opens on December 1, 2021 and the application deadline is February 14, 2022. Interviews will be conducted after the application deadline.
- Personal Data Form
- Research Proposal
- Personal Essay
- Williams College Transcript
- Other Transcripts (if applicable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Interest in pursuing a PhD and an academic career in a Mellon-designated field of study.
- Status as a US citizen and/or permanent resident
- Race and ethnicity (in relation to underrepresentation in designated fields of study)
- Demonstrated commitment to the goals of MMUF: “to reduce the serious underrepresentation on faculties of individuals from minority groups, as well as to address the consequences of these racial disparities for the education system itself and for the larger society that is serves.”
- Interest in pursuing a PhD and an academic career in any field
- Underrepresentation in proposed field of study
- Status as at least one of the following:
- First generation college student
- African American, Latino/a, Asian American, Native American
- Non-US citizen of African, Hispanic, or Asian descent
- Preference is given to candidates who meet more than one eligibility requirement.