Please keep in mind:
- Your nomination will play a central role in our deliberation process.
- Please nominate only one teacher.
- Nominations should be carefully written and should clearly indicate what qualities led you to nominate your secondary school teacher and how your teacher demonstrated excellence in teaching. Specific examples from the classroom or beyond are encouraged. Please share as well how your teacher upheld values of inclusion and equity in the classroom. Nominations are typically 1-2 pages long.
- The Olmsted Prize is intended to recognize the work of teachers who are currently teaching in a secondary school classroom. International teachers, as well as teachers in music, drama, art, shop, and coaches, etc. are also considered.
- Retired teachers and those who have moved to administrative positions are unlikely to be considered, unless they are involved in the classroom in some way; in over 25 years, no retired teachers have been awarded the Olmsted Prize.
- Since an Olmsted Prize is awarded only once to any teacher, check the Previous Recipients list to see if your teacher has already been a recipient.
- Please understand that if your teacher is selected, your nomination may be quoted in college Press Releases announcing the honor.
- Call Maggie Driscoll at 597-4376, if you have questions regarding the nomination process.
REVISED FINAL DEADLINE: Tuesday, January 7, 2020
(NO NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.)
Please submit your Olmsted nomination in one of the following ways:
Fill out the form below and attach your Olmsted nomination
- or send by e-mail attachment to [email protected]
- or deliver in hard copy to Maggie Driscoll, Office of the VP for Institutional Diversity and Equity, Hopkins Hall, 1st floor, 597-4376
You will receive a reply indicating we have received your nomination. If you do not receive a reply, contact Maggie at the above.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS REQUIRED IN YOUR FORM:
- Student’s name
- Teacher’s Name
- Teacher’s E-mail
- Subject Taught
- Current School Name
- School Address
- City, State, Zip
- School Phone
- Former School Name (if you knew the teacher from a previous school)
- Former School Address (if applicable)
- Former City, State, Zip (if applicable)
- Former School Phone (if applicable)
- Teacher Nomination (to be attached at the end of the form)