The mission of the Office of Strategic Planning and Institutional Diversity at Williams College is to catalyze critical thinking and inclusive engagement.
We hold all members of the College community responsible and accountable as contributors to an intellectual environment where all can live, learn, and thrive.
With vigilance and persistence, we will strengthen the College’s commitment to inclusion by ensuring that diversity initiatives are maintained, supported, and celebrated.
What We Do
To fulfill its mission, Williams must continually foster a community in which members from all backgrounds can learn, live, and thrive. The Office of Strategic Planning and Institutional Diversity has primary responsibility for overseeing and coordinating that effort.
We collaborate with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and senior leadership, including trustees, to develop strategies and implement programs to advance issues of inclusion. Key initiatives currently include:
- increased recruitment and retention of a diverse student body, faculty and staff
- more effective and inclusive processes for staff assessment and professional development
- programs that promote inclusive academic excellence
- increased engagement with emerging alumni populations
- pipelines to strengthen diversity within the Board of Trustees
The Office serves as a resource for all members of the College community in addressing grievances and issues of discrimination and sexual harassment/misconduct.